R4i SDHC V2.10T SDHC DC Revolution New
● Able to memorize and restore to the previously selected game or application after restarting machine and soft reset.
● Sleep mode function, for power saving and longer standby time.
● Multi-languages are optional, they are Simplified Chinese, complicated Chinese, English, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spainish and Dutch.
● Friendly interface, easy to operate.
● Realtime smart help windows.
● Integrated the latest Moonshell 2.0 Beta version.
● Game compatibility: 100%.
● No need to flash. Built-in launch Slot-2 (gba) function.
● Support SDHC micro sd cards (4GB、8GB、16GB、32GB).
● Support DMA read and no lag while using any microSD card.
● Support FAT16 and FAT32. Files can be transferred with PC, PDA, Cellphone and Camera.
● Support clean rom and drag-drop to play. Fast loading.
● Support NDS and iDS games. DS games can run on any DS versions.
● Files are to be saved directly to TF card, copy or restoration is not required.
● Automatically recognise saved new game types, no need to update the database.
● Support moonshell and home brew.
● Power saving design. Enter optimized mode automatically.
● Double screen UI, abbreviated picture and game title display, button and touch operations.
● Easy to use, setting or adjustment is not required.
● Support Wi-Fi, rumble pack and browser expansion.
● UI background can be changed.
● 4-level brightness adjustment.
● Support soft reset.
● Support AR cheat code.
● Support soft-reset of moonshell 2.0 (back to main menu of R4 NDSI by pressing START button).
● DLDI auto-patching.
● Support Download play.
DS Compatibility :
F A Q
Q: How to upgrade R4i SDHC kernel?
A: Download the latest kernel file and decompress it. From the kernel file, copy all three directories of "moonshl2", "moonmemo" and "R4iMenu", and all three kernel files of "_DS_MENU.DAT", "_DS_MSHL.NDS" and "R4.dat" to the root directory of the TF card to replace previous kernel files.
Q: What languages does the R4i SDHC support?
A: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, Korean, French, Japanese, Spanish, etc. Each version is independent. Each language supports one key switch for three languages and no need to power off DSi (for example, for the French kernel, you may freely change the languages among French, English, and German).
Q: Is R4i SDHC fully compatible with DSi and old version DS?
A: Yes. R4i SDHC is perfectly compatible with NDS/NDSL/NDSi.
Q: Can't detect R4i SDHC (same as no R4i SDHC card)!
A: Please take out and plug the R4i SDHC to test again and check whether 'action Replay Cheat' is dirty or damaged.
Q: Has been displaying "Loading", "Couldn't find the SD/TF card " or " SD/TF card error " !.
A: Please take out and insert the TF card and check whether its Goldfinger is dirty or damaged.
Q: Displaying "Couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT "！
A: Check whether the kernel file is correctly installed. The correct way is to put "_DS_MENU.DAT" file to the root directory of TF card; If you still have problems, please format the TF card and re-install the kernel file.
Q: Does R4i SDHC support GBA games?
A: All current Slot-1 cards do not support running GBA games. R4i SDHC does not support either.
Q: Why does the touch screen not work accurately?
A: Enter NDSi' interface to do the "pen calibration". The quality of the protection film also affects the touch screen, which can be felt while playing the game, especially near the edge of the screen. If possible, stick new protection film. (The problem of inaccurate touch screen is taken into account for the official menu. The way of using touch screen and keys together, or the relatively large area touch will try to avoid such problem.)
Q: Why does the console get crashed when it comes to some operations or some method is used for the Chinese Version or Hack version?
A: For Chinese version or Hack version, some modifications from the original games are made and the possibilities of some problems could not be ruled out. It is recommended to visit some Forums on the Chinese Version or Hack version to check whether the problems are known issues.
Q: How to use the archives? Can I backup my archives?
A: Yes, you can backup your archive.
Q: Failure in creating archives?
A: Two possibilities of failure in creating archives: firstly, not enough space for the TF card; Secondly, for the FAT16 OS, the maximum file amount is 512 for the root directory (long file name takes more space). The archives will not be established for the inadequacy of the file amount.
Q: Does R4i SDHC support the self-made software?
A: Yes, it supports.
Q: What is the Battery Life?
A: Same as the Original carts, the R4i core components are chosen to maximize battery life.
Q: Will I need any other extra software or hardware to manage the R4i SDHC?
A: Absolutely not.
Q: Is R4i SDHC with normal SD card reader?
A: It comes with USB2.0 Micro SD card reader.
How to use
IMPORTANT NOTE: The front side of TF card should be matched with the back side of R4i SDHC when TF card (MicroSD card) is plugged into R4i SDHC.
Connect the TF card to PC with the USB card reader; download the relevant language kernel file folder from the disk or www.r4sdhc.com. For each language kernel file, there are three directories of "moonshl2", "moonmemo" and "R4iMenu", and three kernel files of "_DS_MENU.DAT", "_DS_MSHL.NDS" and "R4.dat". Copy all the directories and kernel files to the root directory of the TF card.
Connect the TF card to PC with the USB card reader; copy the downloaded game or self-made programs to the TF card (you may create the relevant directory according to your requirements).
3、Main Menu Operation
Connect the TF card to DSi Slot-1 with the R4i SDHC. Turn on the power, the GUI will display in a few seconds. You can select ROMs or multi-media (volume on/off, sleeping mode on/off, sleeping waiting time, power off DSi ) to run by the navigating keys or touch screen, press "A" button to enter the corresponding functions.
4、Game Menu Operation
Choose the 'Game' to enter Game GUI; Press 'START' back to main menu.
From main menu or game GUI, press 'B' to select game mode, 'action Replay Cheat' setting, language selection (each language kernel providing one key switching for three languages), ROM supporting. Correspondingly, 'game', 'action Replay Cheat', 'setting' and 'ROM' will show on the right-hand side of the top screen; and very human-based operation tips will show on the left-hand side. Very easy to learn.
NOTE: While the "Soft Reset" function is on, pressing "L+R+A+B+X+Y" will go back and forth to R4i SDHC's main menu; Please do not do this while saving, as it will lead to malfunction, It is recommended to go back to main menu before you do the "Soft Reset".
If the error occurs on "Soft Reset" or running games, please try to turn off the "Soft Reset".
When selecting the game, press 'A' button or touch screen to run the game; press "X/B" button to set 'action Replay Cheat'.
MonShell v2.00 player is very powerful. Top screen shows very detailed operation instructions. Press ‘start' to achieve personalized settings.
back to R4i SDHC List
Installation Guide Step By Step
STEP1: Preparing your PC
Install winrar. WinRar is a FREE tool that allows you to extract ZIP and RAR files.
NOTE: You only need to download and install WinRAR once for your PC, so only complete this step if you have never done this for the PC you are working on!
1) Click on this link to go to the WinRAR site
2) Choose to download either the 32bit or the 64bit version shown in the image below. The version you choose should match that of your operating system. So if you have installed a 32bit version of windows then you will need the 32bit version of winrar. If you have no idea what version of windows you have then read this to find out: How do I find out what version of windows I have?
3) Once the download is finished go to your desktop where you saved it. Double click the file to start installing WinRar.
That's it WinRAR is now installed. You do not need to learn how to use it. Basically the program is now built into windows and new options will be available to extract RAR and ZIP files when you press the right mouse button on them. You will see this later when you have downloaded your DS card software and need to extract it.
STEP2: Formatting your Micro SD
It is quite important that your micro sd card that you intend to use in your DS card is formatted properly. If you are using a brand new card then you can skip this step but if you have had problems with the card then just to rule out formatting issues follow these steps.
This is also a useful step if you have a working DS card but the files take ages to load.
Before copying the driver/kernel to the microSD Memory Card, please format your microSD on your PC. This is to remove all the data on the memory card.
a) After inserting the microSD into the card reader, go to My Computer.
b) Right click the driver representing the microSD memory card.
c) Choose Format
d) Click Start to format the memory card
Using Panasonic Memory Card Format Software
If your memory cards have capacity bigger than 32GB, please download the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards Format Software.
If your memory cards have capacity equal or smaller than 32GB, please download the SD/SDHC Memory Cards Format Software.
Detailed guide is available from the SD Association here. [http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/]
- Insert SD/SDHC Memory Card into reader/writer.
- Click on [Start], point to [All Programs] -> [Panasonic] -> [SD Formatter VX.X], and click on [SD Formatter VX.X].
“X.X” means the version number of SD Memory Card Formatting Software.
If “User Account Control” window is displayed on the screen, please click on [Arrow].
- The main window is displayed on the screen.
- Select the target drive by drive list and check SD/SDHC Memory Card size.
- Click on [Format].
- After clicking on it, confirmation window is displayed on the screen. Here, if [OK] is clicked, this software executes the format operation. On the contrary, if [Cancel] is clicked, this software cancels the format operation and returns to the main window.
- The following status window is displayed on the screen during the format operation.
Note: [Cancel] on this window is available only if either “FULL (Erase ON)” or “FULL (Erase OFF)” is selected as format type option. If “QUICK” is selected as format type option, this button is not available.
- After the format operation completion, click [OK] and remove the Memory Card from your PC.
- Reinsert the memory card to the PC to start using the memory card.
Using Mac Memory Card Format Tool
- Plug your memory card reader into a USB port on your Mac. Insert the microSD / microSDHC card into the memory card reader's microSD / microSDHC slot, and the microSD / microSDHC card will mount on your Mac desktop.
- In an open Finder window, single-click "Applications" in the Side-Bar and scroll down to find the Utilities folder. Find Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and double-click the "Disk Utility" application to launch it.
- In the opened Disk Utility application, single-click to select the microSD / microSDHC card in the left-hand Drives column. Then, single-click to select the "Erase" button in the top row of radio buttons. Select the format MS-DOS (FAT) to format the microSD / microSDHC card on the "Volume Format" pop-up button. When you have finished selecting the formatting options, click "Erase."
- A new dialogue box will pop up in "Disk Utility," asking if you are sure you wish to erase the microSD / microSDHC card. Caution: Erasing the microSD / microSDHC card will permanently erase any files. Make sure you have backed up any file you wish to keep. To continue with the formatting process, click "Erase."
- Once the microSD / microSDHC card has been erased, it will mount on your Mac desktop just as any other removable drive.
STEP3: Downloading the RIGHT Software
Its is crucial to use the CORRECT software for your DS card. There are so many clones and variations of the same cards out there and its very easy to fall into the trap and end up downloading software for a similar card as yours.
1) Go and get your DS card and look at the sticker on the front.
● R4i English v2.10T14------【2011-03-25】
● R4i French v2.10T14------【2011-03-25】
● R4i Spanish v2.10T14-----【2011-03-25】
● R4i Italian v2.10T14-------【2011-03-25】
● R4i Portuguese v2.10T14--【2011-03-25】
● R4i 繁体中文 v2.10T14------【2011-03-25】
● R4i Japanese v2.10T14----【2011-03-25】
● R4i Korean v2.10T14------【2011-03-25】
● R4i German v2.10T14-----【2011-03-25】
● R4i Dutch v2.10T14-------【2011-03-25】
● R4i 简体中文 v2.10T14------【2011-03-25】
2) Try to find a URL (Internet address) See the images above for example URLS for some of the cards available at time of writing. Make sure you copy the URL EXACTLY as it appears, check and double check this
3) Type the URL into anew browser tab or window.
4) Once that has loaded find the downloads or software section and download the english kernel to your desktop.
5) If you can not find a URL on your DS card please read this to try to find out what software you need.
6) You should now have the latest and correct software kernel for your particular card saved onto your desktop. This will either be a ZIP file or a RAR file.
STEP4: Installing the kernel software to your Micro SD card
1. Select and copy all the unzipped files.
2. Copy the unzipped files to the microSD memory card
3. Copy your own files, including music, movies, pictures and homebrew games to the microSD memory card
4. Plug in the microSD to the flashcart. When inserting or changing carts on slot-1, switch off the DS, insert in the cart and then start the DS.
DSi and DSi XL Flashcarts Comparison Click Here.
HOW TO SPOT FAKE R4 CARD Click Here.