R4i YES V1.6 Revolution Silver Edition for DS (NDSIXL/NDSILL/NDSI/NDSL/NDS)
This R4i YES V1.6 DSi Upgrade Revolution is compatible for all NDSL, NDSI, NDSILL and NDSIXL games.
R4i YES is a flash card for NDS series consoles (R4i-advance supports,DSi,DSiLL,DSiLX). R4i YES V1.6 is an upgrade version of R4i YES . It supports SDHC, has multi-media features, and can run that most games and homebrews. R4i YES V1.6 is a equipment that have to been owned for the global NDS series player.
Change language of menu as you want without any limit;
Support SDHC memory cards ( compatibility up to 32GB) ;
Change language of menu as you want without any limit;
As same size and thickness as original card;
No need to flash. Build-in launch Slot-2 (gba) function;
Support DMA read and no lag when using any microSD card;
Support FAT16 and FAT32. Can transfer files with PC, PDA, Cellphone and Camera;
Support clean rom and drag-drop to play. Fast loading;
R4i YES V1.6 Support NDS and iDS games. Run iDS games on any version of DS;
Write save files to TF card directly and no need manual backup or restore them;
Auto save type detection and no need to update save type list database;
Support moonshell and home brew;
Power saving design. Enter optimization mode automatically;
Double screen UI. Support display thumbnails of games;
Easy to use and setting ;
Support button and touch operation both;
Support Wi-Fi and rumble package and browser expansion;
Support change back ground picture of menu;
R4i YES V1.6 Support change font color of menu;
Support brightness adjust (DS Lite only);
Support AR cheat code;
Support soft-reset of moonshell 2.0 (back to main menu of R4i-advance) ;
Support DLDI auto-patching;
Support Download play;
By using the TF card reader, connect your TF card with computer, open the file.
a. Upload game kernel: Copy the R4i YES.DAT file to your TF card.
b. Upload video kernel: Copy the Moonshl2 to your TF card.
c. Upload DIY Interface function: Copy the R4i-advanceMenu to your TF card.
Upload the newest AR cheat data base, then copy the "usrcheat.dat" file to"R4i-advanceMenu" file.
1x R4i YES V1.6
1x Micro SD card reade
R4i YES V1.6 suffering worldwide praise on the R4 flash card for development and design, is a full-featured sound evolution version of the R4 flash card not only preserves the original's capabilities, but also to expand such as SDHC support The perfect compatibility of the new game engine and other new features.
1.R4i YES V1.6 to be set separately for each game, the game between the different settings do not affect each other
2.R4i YES V1.6 supports cheatcode and soft-reset setting on a per-game basis, avoiding possible conflicts.
The new UI is designed to be easy to use, ensuring smooth gaming experience even for new users
3.With the latest Moonshell 2.0 built in the card, R4i-yes delivers a better multimedia experience with higher decoding performance and better picture quality
4.The improved manufacturing process of R4i YES V1.6 ensures a minimal error in size and shape. The card thickness and area of gold-finger is specifically controlled with a error range of less than 0.1mm compared to an original NDS game card
back to R4i DS List
Nintendo DS/DS Lite/DSi handheld consoles
Installation Guide Step By Step
STEP1: Preparing your PC
Install winrar. WinRar is a FREE tool that allows you to extract ZIP and RAR files.
NOTE: You only need to download and install WinRAR once for your PC, so only complete this step if you have never done this for the PC you are working on!
1) Click on this link to go to the WinRAR site
2) Choose to download either the 32bit or the 64bit version shown in the image below. The version you choose should match that of your operating system. So if you have installed a 32bit version of windows then you will need the 32bit version of winrar. If you have no idea what version of windows you have then read this to find out: How do I find out what version of windows I have?
3) Once the download is finished go to your desktop where you saved it. Double click the file to start installing WinRar.
That's it WinRAR is now installed. You do not need to learn how to use it. Basically the program is now built into windows and new options will be available to extract RAR and ZIP files when you press the right mouse button on them. You will see this later when you have downloaded your DS card software and need to extract it.
STEP2: Formatting your Micro SD
It is quite important that your micro sd card that you intend to use in your DS card is formatted properly. If you are using a brand new card then you can skip this step but if you have had problems with the card then just to rule out formatting issues follow these steps.
This is also a useful step if you have a working DS card but the files take ages to load.
Before copying the driver/kernel to the microSD Memory Card, please format your microSD on your PC. This is to remove all the data on the memory card.
a) After inserting the microSD into the card reader, go to My Computer.
b) Right click the driver representing the microSD memory card.
c) Choose Format
d) Click Start to format the memory card
Using Panasonic Memory Card Format Software
If your memory cards have capacity bigger than 32GB, please download the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards Format Software.
If your memory cards have capacity equal or smaller than 32GB, please download the SD/SDHC Memory Cards Format Software.
Detailed guide is available from the SD Association here. [http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/]
- Insert SD/SDHC Memory Card into reader/writer.
- Click on [Start], point to [All Programs] -> [Panasonic] -> [SD Formatter VX.X], and click on [SD Formatter VX.X].
“X.X” means the version number of SD Memory Card Formatting Software.
If “User Account Control” window is displayed on the screen, please click on [Arrow].
- The main window is displayed on the screen.
- Select the target drive by drive list and check SD/SDHC Memory Card size.
- Click on [Format].
- After clicking on it, confirmation window is displayed on the screen. Here, if [OK] is clicked, this software executes the format operation. On the contrary, if [Cancel] is clicked, this software cancels the format operation and returns to the main window.
- The following status window is displayed on the screen during the format operation.
Note: [Cancel] on this window is available only if either “FULL (Erase ON)” or “FULL (Erase OFF)” is selected as format type option. If “QUICK” is selected as format type option, this button is not available.
- After the format operation completion, click [OK] and remove the Memory Card from your PC.
- Reinsert the memory card to the PC to start using the memory card.
Using Mac Memory Card Format Tool
- Plug your memory card reader into a USB port on your Mac. Insert the microSD / microSDHC card into the memory card reader's microSD / microSDHC slot, and the microSD / microSDHC card will mount on your Mac desktop.
- In an open Finder window, single-click "Applications" in the Side-Bar and scroll down to find the Utilities folder. Find Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and double-click the "Disk Utility" application to launch it.
- In the opened Disk Utility application, single-click to select the microSD / microSDHC card in the left-hand Drives column. Then, single-click to select the "Erase" button in the top row of radio buttons. Select the format MS-DOS (FAT) to format the microSD / microSDHC card on the "Volume Format" pop-up button. When you have finished selecting the formatting options, click "Erase."
- A new dialogue box will pop up in "Disk Utility," asking if you are sure you wish to erase the microSD / microSDHC card. Caution: Erasing the microSD / microSDHC card will permanently erase any files. Make sure you have backed up any file you wish to keep. To continue with the formatting process, click "Erase."
- Once the microSD / microSDHC card has been erased, it will mount on your Mac desktop just as any other removable drive.
STEP3: Downloading the RIGHT Software
Its is crucial to use the CORRECT software for your DS card. There are so many clones and variations of the same cards out there and its very easy to fall into the trap and end up downloading software for a similar card as yours.
Install Kernel and Game
1. Please download the newest kernel for our website, and explode it. Then Copy the files named "_DS_MENU.DA","_DS_MSHL.NDS" and "_DS_MENU.INI", the folder "_system_" and "_system_" to your microSD card.
2. Explode or Copy *.nds files from the *.rar or *.zip files that you downloaded to your microSD card.
3. If you want upgrade your R4i-yes kernel in the future, then you can do like install kernel.
STEP4: Installing the kernel software to your Micro SD card
1. Select and copy all the unzipped files.
2. Copy the unzipped files to the microSD memory card
3. Copy your own files, including music, movies, pictures and homebrew games to the microSD memory card
4. Plug in the microSD to the flashcart. When inserting or changing carts on slot-1, switch off the DS, insert in the cart and then start the DS.
Run NDS Games
1. Make sure microSD card with Kernel is inserted in R4i-yes, then insert R4i-yes in NDS SLOT-1 port.
2. Turn on NDS, Touch the “GAME" The first icon) to enter Game GUI; Press 'START' to go back to main menu.
3. There is a file list on the top screen, and the detail of game that you choose. Press 'A' button or touch screen to run this game.
Scale-lightness adjustment is available to the DS Lite console by touching the sunny icon at the top left corner of game interface. (Not available to DS console, the sunny icon will turn to be gray if it is DS console.)
At the right top of the touch screen it is the "Soft Reset"; Red indicator means the "Soft Reset” function is off; Green indicator means the "Soft Reset” function is on. The users may point on the touch screen or press "R" button to switch the "Soft Reset" On/Off.
While the "Soft Reset” function is on, pressing "L+R+A+B+X+Y” can go back and forth to the game's main menu; Please do not do this while saving, as it will lead to malfunction, It is recommended to go back to main menu before you function the "Soft Reset".
If the error occurs on running games, please try to turn off the "Soft Reset".
Copy cheat.dat to folder "_system_" and replace the original one. Select one game on the upper screen and enter "Setup" to enable cheat.
Touch button "[Y]Cheat" under game detail or press Y button to open cheat menu.
Select cheat in cheat menu and Touch button "[X]Enable" to enable a cheat or button "[X]Enable" to disable it. Touch button "[A]SAVE" to save all changes and quit the cheat menu. Now you can enter game with cheat enable.
1. In the main menu, Touch the "Multimedia"（The second icon）to Entre MoonShell System。
2. MoonShell will display files on microSD card with file list. Press UP/DOWN button to move the cursor to choose the file you need. And you can press A to the sub-folder, or Press the B button to be back.
3. Choose the *.txt *.mp3 *.jpg *.dpg files and press the A button to open.
Boot SLOT-2 (GBA)Flashcard
R4i-yes will be used as a passme card, to boot the SLOT-2 flashcard for running NDS or GBA game. If you want to use this function, please insert the SLOT-2 flashcard to SLOT-2 port, and Turn on NDS. Then Touch Button "SLOT-2" (The Third icon) in the R4i-advance Main Menu.
DSi and DSi XL Flashcarts Comparison Click Here.
HOW TO SPOT FAKE R4 CARD Click Here.